Friday, 7 June 2019 from 15:00 to 18:00
Gleeson Recruitment Group, Edmund House, 12-22 Newhall Street, Birmingham, B3 3AS
Meet the Buyer!
Providing a platform for the Made in the Midlands network to come together to engage with potential customers from across the region.
Gleeson’s “Meet the Buyer” event will offer you the opportunity to meet procurement contacts from small, medium and corporate organisations across the West Midlands, discuss the capabilities of your organisation and hopefully make real & tangible connections that could lead to real business opportunities in the future. A selection of Buyers & Purchasing Managers will be present from across the region, with expertise purchasing different categories, which means whether you manufacture metal pressings, offer power coating services or provide engineering consultancy, you’ll be able to meet someone responsible for buying those parts or services for their organisation, or with connections to make an introduction for you.
We’ll receive a presentation and Q&A session from Richard Jesson, VP Supply Chain from GKN Driveline, who will talk to us about world class supply chain management, what you should be doing it you want to work with corporate manufacturers, and some tips about how to “get to the table” with hard to reach clients.
Of course, drinks will be on offer in our conferencing centre!
3.00pm – arrival for drinks & networking
3:30pm – Introduction to the Buyers and 60 second pitches from members, followed by one-to-one introductions where required
4:30pm – Presentation from Richard Jesson of GKN followed by Q&A
5.00pm – Continued networking & buyer engagement
6.00pm – Close/onwards for drinks in the city
Buyers confirmed to date:
Suhkvinder Basra, Group Purchasing Manager from Carver Climate Systems - https://www.carver-group.com/
- A Midlands-based manufacturer of HVAC equipment for the building services industry, Carver are a complex OEM assembler and buy a range of materials & assemblies both in the UK and abroad.
Sam Curran & Becca Linstead, Category Managers from Severn Trent - https://www.stwater.co.uk/
- Severn Trent have a significant engineering presence across the region and utilise a complex mix of capital equipment as well as significant investment in spares & MRO.
Jordan Harris, Category Manager from Aggregate Industries - https://www.aggregate.com/
- One of the largest producers of building products in the world, Aggregate Industries are a significant user of equipment, tooling and spares for their plant and equipment
Glenn Crawford, Procurement Manager from TNT - www.tnt.com
- TNT are one of the world’s largest post & parcel operators, running a complex network of depots including significant automation equipment and a large fleet of vehicles
Jonathan Armishaw, Head of UK Purchasing for Faurecia Automotive - www.faurecia.com
- Faurecia are one of the world’s largest automotive first tier manufacturers. Jonathan’s team buy a range of direct and indirect materials; they are only looking to add suppliers who offer genuine innovation, so Jonathan will join us to offer advice on becoming an innovative supplier in a competitive market
Wesley Jenkinson, Purchasing Manager from Makita - www.makitauk.com
- Makita are the world’s foremost manufacturers of power tools, proud to manufacture in the UK from a factory in Telford
Paul Marvin, Head of Purchasing & Supply Chain from Dennis Eagle - www.dennis-eagle.co.uk/
- Made in the Midlands members, Dennis Eagle are OEM manufacturers of refuse collection vehicles, proudly manufacturing in Warwick
Gavin Epstein, Affinity Procurement Solutions - www.affinityprocurementsolutions.co.uk
- Gavin is a procurement consultant, working with SMEs to help them capitalise on effective procurement strategies. As well as joining us to offer advice to all members, Gavin currently represents a purchasing group of 7 SME manufacturers with factories all across the UK
Parking - there is no parking available at the venue. Parking is available at the NCP on Newhall Street or Snow Hill Train Station. Offices are in walking distance from Birmingham New Street, Snow Hill or Moor Street.
Please note - this event is only availabel to Made in the Midlands members and invited guests of the host.