Membership of and/or participation as a non-member in events, meetings and activities of The Made in Group ("Made in the Midlands, Made in Yorkshire, Made in London and Made Equal inclusivity campaign") is subject to the terms and conditions set out in this Code of Conduct.
As a professional business network organisation, The Made in Group is a community of people with a shared ethos of supporting British industry and upholding the values that the nation prospered upon, one of integrity, fairness and supporting one another. We encourage members to open a channel of communication with local businesses, export to new markets and promote the next generation into the industry.
The Made in Group expects members and non-member participants in Made in events and activities (i.e., 'member guests or visitors to Made in events') to observe and abide by the Code of Conduct, upholding the values, professionalism and integrity of The Made in Group.
In the event of any breach of or non-compliance by a member or non-member participant with any of the terms of the Code of Conduct, whether or not such breach or non-compliance is the subject of a complaint by another Made in member or other non-member participant, The Made in Group reserves the right to take appropriate action against the defaulting individual including, but not limited to, exclusion from Made in events, removal from The Made in premises and suspension of membership and/or membership benefits. In the case of severe or persistent non-compliance with the Code of Conduct by a member, The Made in Group reserves the right to terminate the membership of the defaulting member, without liability to refund to such defaulting member any amount of membership fees paid in advance, whether in full or pro-rata.
The obligations and responsibilities of all members and non-member participants are as follows:
1. To maintain the highest standards of conduct and engage in Made in events in a professional and dignified manner, acting with integrity and respectfulness when interacting with Made in invitees and guests, other members and their guests and the general public.
2. Not to speak or to comment on behalf of The Made in Group or hold oneself out as having authority to do so unless specifically requested or instructed or otherwise having obtained prior consent to do so from the Executive Committee of The Made in Group.
3. Views expressed either online, publically or at a Made in Group event, that focuses negatively or causes harm around gender equality, mental health, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation, race and disability and are contrary to our inclusivity campaign.
4. To respect the confidentiality requirements and privacy policies of the Made in Group, and confidentiality requirements requested to be observed by Made in invitees, guests, other members, and their guests; this includes refraining from activities or practices that are or could be construed to be anti-competitive or anti-trust in nature.
5. To respect the right of Made in staff, office bearers, members and non-member participants to a safe environment when working for, or attending or participating in events, meetings or activities hosted or facilitated by, The Made in Group, free from harassment, abuse or discrimination and, in particular, not to use threatening behaviour towards nor harass any member of The Made in Group staff or Made in member, invitee, guest or other non-member participant.
6. To ensure that communication with The Made in Group employees, office bearers, and members is measured, reasonable and professional and devoid of any comments against any of them in their personal capacity.
7. Not to issue – whether via email, phone, SMS, social media or a similar platform – any malicious, inflammatory, critical, defamatory, abusive or threatening messages or statements in relation to The Made in Group or its members, invitees or guests.
8. To act in accordance with the laws, rules, and regulations of the UK.
9. To abide by the Made in Group constitution and any conflict of interest guidelines or other policies and codes as may be issued or updated from time to time.
©Copyright. 2023. All rights reserved.
Made in the Midlands is part of The Made in Group.
Enter your name, email and company to connect to a member of our team